Friday, November 7, 2008

Can we stop the hype?

Lastly, 
I truly hope Obama will meet at least 10% of the hype he has generated, because in my mind, even if he meets 10% of the hype, he will be a truly great president.  Granted this is a historic moment and one sought long and hard, especially by the African Americans.  However, is it fair to put so much expectation on this one man? Are we setting him up for failure?  I sure hope not.  There is so much to be done.  I am so glad this election is over so that the poor man can get on with governance.  Hopefully the hype will subside. 

I found these articles that discuss this further
Barack Obama lays plans to deaden expectation after election victoryhttp://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/us_elections/article5051118.ece
PRUDEN: A heartfelt toast to Obama

No comments: